Monday, September 05, 2005

Relaxation and Root Consumption

Right now, I am on vacation and I must say that it has been a very great experience. Every so often I need to relax and enjoy life. This relaxation allows for the sort of free thinking that leads to ideas that have forever been right in front of me and yet they never occurred to me.

For instance, curly fries are a much more efficient use of potatoes than the regular straight fries. Perhaps we should, as a society, move boldly, without hesitation toward a standard of “curly” in our fry consumption.

5 Comments:

At September 05, 2005 12:24 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

But what about the middles? Where do they go?

 
At September 05, 2005 2:27 PM, Blogger Mark said...

I believe, if done correctly, the middle fry is much like a cork screw and nothing is wasted. I could be wrong, in which case maybe we should not move to curly fries.

 
At September 06, 2005 1:39 PM, Blogger Matt said...

I still don't understand how curly fries could be a more efficient use of potatoes than regular fries. If your curly fries do, in fact, leave a corkscrew shaped middle fry, then I guess they'd use the whole potato. Regular fries also use the entire potato, however. You can also get more regular fries out of a single potato than you can curly fries. That leads me to believe that at the very least, both types of fries make equally efficient use of potatoes, and regular fries might be slightly more efficient. Also, regular fries generally don't have that crappy curly fry seasoning on them.

 
At September 06, 2005 5:51 PM, Blogger Charlie said...

I wonder why no one sells deep-fried potatoes (uncut in any way)? Seems like both the completely efficient solution and a way to market "The world's most illogically large fries!"

 
At September 06, 2005 5:51 PM, Blogger Charlie said...

Boy, it sure is easy to post comments on Mark's blog. No extra step here, no sirree!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home